|THE 15TH KOIZUMI INTERNATIONAL LIGHTING DESIGN COMPETITION
Any student from institute of learning as of September 1,2001
Eligibility Number of Entries
There is no limit to the number of entris.
Each person may enter as many times as they wish.
<Lighting and the Residential Environment in the 21st Century>
Technological development in the 20th century has provided us with a variety of light sources and artificial illumination. Beginning with the question of "What is illumination for the 21st century?", we seek lighting designs on the theme of "Light and the Residential Environment in the 21st Century" by returning to the essential nature of illumination, to view it in terms of the environment, health, safety, convenience,the ageing society, transmission of information, natural light,the garden, and urban views etc.Design should not be limited to a concept, but should be as practical as possible(eg,form,light sources).
When to Enter
Application Period : From September 1,2001 to January 31,2002
How to apply
- Send your work's photographs, drawings and sketches to the respective
contact point in your area.
- Please submit the application form. and your work along the following
- Please mount your work's photographs, drawings, sketches and other materials on construction paper. Maximum size should be 364mm×515mm There are no restrictions on the number of submitted pieces.
- Please send an entry slip. along with your work. But do not glue the entry
slip directly to your work.
- Please make copies of the application form or entry slips in case you need
Judge Preliminary Competition:
The preliminary competition will be made on the basis of the photographs, drawings or sketches that have been submitted.
- The final competition will be judged after evaluation of the actual entry. (Only those who qualify for the final competition will be notified.) In regards to the creation of your work arrives we plan to supply each entrant with financial aid.(\30,000)
- The entry must be in harmony with the competition theme.
- The design should be polished, refined and interesting
- It should have a new unique idea and inspiration.
- The design should be based on a well conceived plan and follow it.
- The entry should clearly show the purpose and aim of the object.
The design will remain the property of the designer but the manufacturing and sales rights will be the exclusive property of Koizumi Sangyo Corporation.
- All entries must be original and have never been submitted to any other competition
- All expenses related to the entry will be born by the desiner.
- If it is determined that the entry is not original or is a copy in any way, the prize will be forfeited.
- Any or all entries may be used for advertising purposes, exhibitions, catalogs, product design or other promotional purposes.
- We reserved the right to make change without prior notice to the rules or regulations of this competition.
- Entries will not be returned.
Preliminary Competition Judging Period: March 31,2002
Notification of Preliminary Competition: April 2002
(Only designers whose entries are accepted for the Final Competition will be notified.)
Final Competition: May 31,2002
Note Please use typewriter for communication to ensure clear legibility.
Requests for further information should be sent to one of the addresses listed below.
office of Koizumi International Lighting Design Competition for Students
Koizumi Sangyo Corporation
3-3-7 Bingo-machi, Chuo-ku Osaka, 541-0051 Japan
Mr.Mark Shan :Shan Exhibit
395 Broadway #7B New York, NY 10013, U.S.A
Ms.Kaori Shiina Lomazzi :ITALY OFFICE
CORSO PLEBISCITI 1 20129 MILANO ITALY
FAX:+39-0274-1840 E-Mail email@example.com
Mr.Li Xing Sheng
BRIGHT YIN HUEY CO.,LTD
FLTI,No.195 NING-HSIARD.,TAI CHUNG 407 TAIWAN,R.O.C
Mr.WEN TIE WU
KOIZUMI SANGYO GORP(DONGGUAN OFFICE)
ROOM8-C, GONGMAODASHA BUILDING A, GANGKOU ROAD, HUMEN TOWN,
in collaborazione con