|53º INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FOR CONTEMPORARY CERAMIC ART
1) The 53rd International Competition for Contemporary Ceramic Art will be held in Faenza, at the International Museum of Ceramics, from May 24th to December 31st 2003, except postponement.
2) The aim of the Competition is to stimulate research and the renewal of techniques, materials and expressive forms and methods.
3) The International Competition for Contemporary Ceramic Art is open to individual and associated artists without an age limit. Group participation may be organized with the supervision of governmental ministries, cultural bodies, recognized associations or similar organisations.
4) The initiative is promoted by the Institution of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza as a part of the programme of the International Ceramics Events in Faenza.
5) Each competitor may submit a maximum of three works which may be created using any ceramics technique. The submitted works must belong to the artist.
6) Application to take part using the special entry form must be sent, by July 13th 2002 to: 53° Concorso Internazionale della Ceramica d'Arte - Museo Internazionale delle Ceramiche - Via Campidori, 2 - 48018 Faenza (RA), together with a curriculum of the artist, eventual critical dossiers and slides of the works which are being submitted. The International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza takes no responsibility for publication of the artist's curriculum in the Competition catalogue. All responsibility shall be assumed by the artist.
7) The application should be accompanied by three 24x 36mm slides in 5x5 cm glass less mounts for each of the works which the artist intends to submit, photographed from different angles against a neutral background together with the descriptive information requested on the application form. Only the slides must be sent in, not the works.
8) An international panel of judges will select the works to be admitted to the Competition from the slides received. The judges decision is final. The works admitted following the selection of the slides must not be substituted under penalty of the artist's exclusion from the Competition. Irrespective of admission to the Competition, the slides and curricula will be kept in the archives of the Competition Documentation Centre.
9) Artists will be notified of admission to the Competition and of formalities concerning the delivery of the selected works by return of post. The admitted works must be received, carriage paid, by January 18th 2003.
10) The Institution of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza will take care of the forwarding procedure concerning the return of the works. Italian participants will pay the respective expenses; concerning the foreigner participants, the Institution will pay and manage the Custom formalities foreseen by Italian Government and the forwarding until the Italian border.
11) The prizes awarded by the international panel of judges are as follows: "Premio Faenza" 26.000,00 euro. This sum is gross of Italian taxes. The "Premio Faenza", composed of the works clearly specified by the Jury, will be acquired for the collections of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza. There will also be a number of special mentions.
12) Setting up of the Competition display and printing of the catalogue will be the sole responsibility of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza without any intervention from the artists taking part to the Competition.
13) Selected artists may, at their own expense, take out insurance cover with a company of their choice against all the damages to the works which may result from any risks occurring during transport or while on museum property, including damage to third parties. The insurance policy must contain a specific provision waiving all rights to claim compensation from the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza.
14) The Institution of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza will not under any circumstances be obliged to provide compensation for damages sustained by the works of the selected artists, whether or not they have taken out insurance cover. The selected artists absolve the Institution of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza from all and every onus which may result from third parties invoking their responsibility in their official capacity for the whole period of the Exhibition. The Competition's general surveillance service set up and maintained by the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza does not therefore imply any recognition of the International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza responsibility towards exhibitors for damages, either direct or through liability, which may be sustained by the works belonging to or sent in by the artists while on display on Competition premises.
15) The Secretary's Office is at the Museo Internazionale delle Ceramiche in Faenza, Via Campidori 2, 48018 Faenza (RA) tel. ++39-0546 697315; ++39-0546-697311; fax: ++39-0546-27141. e-mail: email@example.com. http://www.micfaenza.org.
in collaborazione con